The Women’s Health Center at GCH was opened in 1997. Construction began after donations were received from the late Martha K. Hoover and the community. The Earth Seed (statue) sits in the entry way and welcomes women as they enter the building. It was a gift from the late Martha K. Hoover. In 1997, OB/GYN Anwar Khoury, MD was recruited to the community. Since his start date, deliveries have increased over 450% at Geary Community Hospital. The following is a description of the facility and services provided.
- 6 LDRP’s (Labor-Delivery-Recovery-Post Partum) Birthing Rooms
More and more women are choosing this revolutionary single-room delivery system, which allows new moms and their families to experience the entire birthing experience in one beautifully decorated bedroom. Each private LDRP room is equipped with state-of-the-art birthing equipment. If a c-section is indicated, the staff takes you through the private women’s health center entrance into the surgery unit. No where else will you be so pampered.
- ABR Hearing Screening
- Basic Care and Special Care Nurseries (formerly called Level I and Level II)
Newborns get the best of care in the capable hands of our board certified pediatricians and family practitioners. Two nurseries, a new infant neonatal cardiac respiratory monitor, and other high-tech advantages make the Martha K. Hoover Women’s Health Center the perfect place for your baby. Level III babies may be transferred to other hospitals at the discretion of the pediatrician.
- Family room for families adopting a child
- Gynecological surgery
Gynecological surgery in the most private and quiet of environments awaits you at the Martha K. Hoover Women’s Health Center. Stress seems to disappear in the beautiful surroundings and comforting care afforded to our gynecological patients.
- Questions about Breastfeeding?
- Breastfeeding: This How-To class teaches all the basics of breastfeeding.
- Childbirth: Education on before, during, and after childbirth.
- To register for any classes, call Christine Jones at 785-210-3345.