Non-Clinical (Internship/Job Shadow) Student Instructions
Thank you for your interest in an Internship/Job Shadow position at Geary Community Hospital. At GCH, we strive to provide a positive work and learning environment for all of our Interns. We hope that your time with us is enjoyable and a great learning experience. These volunteer opportunities are coordinated and pre-arranged through your high school guidance counselor or school-to-work program. Please have your guidance counselor contact the GCH Education Department at 785-210-3345 to arrange a student internship. Learn more about this exciting educational opportunity by clicking the link below.
Internship/Job Shadow Application Process:
1. To begin the application process, complete the Internship/Job Shadow application and return it to the GCH Education Coordinator.
Internship/Job Shadow experiences are granted with manager approval and availability. Student experiences that are required for completion of an education program take priority. Please be aware that the internship application and approval process can take 2-3 weeks. You will be notified via e-mail of your application and approval status.
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, the GCH Education Coordinator will send you a password to access the following documents.
These documents MUST be viewed and completed BEFORE beginning your internship experience.
2. Review the following orientation presentation:
3. Print and complete the following quiz:
4. Print and sign:
- Non-Clinical Student Confidentiality Agreement [Password Required]
- Non-Clinical Student Medical Clearance [Password Required]
- Non-Clinical Student Agreement [Password Required]
5. Review these documents:
- Non-Clinical Student Dress Code [Password Required]
- Non-Clinical Student Expectations [Password Required]
6. Between October 1 – March 31 you are required to show proof of current Flu Vaccine.
Fax, scan and e-mail, or send all documents to the GCH Education Department
Geary Community Hospital
1102 St. Mary’s Rd
Junction City, KS 66441
Once all of the required documentation has been received and approved, you will be contacted via e-mail to set up your Internship/Job Shadow date & time.