LaVerne Allen was a very dedicated registered nurse who worked at Geary Community Hospital for 61 years. Her granddaughter, Amy, established this memorial scholarship to honor her grandmother’s contribution to the nursing profession. The goal of the scholarship is to help individuals achieve their goal of becoming a registered nurse and giving back to the community.
March 30 of each year
How to Apply:
Submit an application along with listed requirements (see application) to:
Geary Community Hospital
1102 St. Mary’s Rd
Junction City, KS 66441
An amount of $500 will be distributed annually . Scholarship dollars can be applied to books, tuition, and fees.
Each year, a scholarship winner will be chosen by May 11. Recipients will be notified by email or phone.
To be eligible for this scholarship the student must be a:
- Kansas resident
- Nursing program student or nursing program applicant taking courses for preparation of enrollment
- Student in good standing (GPA 3.0 or higher)
- Licensed RNs are not eligible for Continued Education
- Completed application form
- Copy of a letter of acceptance to a college or institution of higher education that offers an approved program of study toward nursing
- Two letters of reference; one from current HS or college faculty member, and one personal reference
- Copy of your official high school or college transcript
- Picture of yourself
- Completion of a 500 word essay (typed and double spaced) stating your reasons for pursuing a career in nursing.